Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Ginger Saison, Again

The ginger saison I did a while ago was so good, it's time to do it again...

Brew Day: 1 Jun 2016

Partial Mash:
4 oz Belgian Munich malt
10 oz Vienna malt
1.5 oz flaked wheat

The malt I used was primarily the result of what I had available at the time.  I followed my normal partial mash procedure.

Boil (60 min):
1 lb Pilsen DME (@ 60 min)
7 g Hallertau hops (AA: 3.1%, @ 60 min)
4 oz sugar (@ 60 min)
0.5 oz thinly sliced ginger (@ 10 min)

Yeast: DanStar Belle Saison

I followed my usual procedure for pitching the yeast.

Addendum, 16 Jun: Bottled today, got 9 bottles out of the batch.  Looking forward to trying this around the 4th of July.

Addendum, 7 Jul: My wife tried the beer tonight...definitely loves it, definitely a keeper. Interestingly enough, she really seems to enjoy it more when the beer is closer to room temperature.  I tried a taste when she was close to the bottom of the glass, and as I put my nose into the glass, I caught a whiff of the ginger.  There's no doubt, this one is definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment