Friday, September 8, 2017

Ginger Saison

It's about time I did another ginger saison, because that's what my lovely bride enjoys.

Brew Day: 8 Sept 2017

Partial Mash:
8 oz Munich malt
4 oz rye
4 oz CaraRed
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb Pilsen DME
4 oz table sugar
7 g German Perle (@ 20 min)
1 oz fresh ginger, thinly sliced (@ 10 min)

Yeast: DanStar Belle Saison

Addendum, 22 Sept: Racked to secondary.

Addendum, 6 Oct: Bottled tonight with 3 T of table sugar dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water; got 9 good bottles out of it.  During the bottling, I caught little whiffs of the beer, and it smelled great...something I may try next time is to steep some fresh ginger in the boiling water so that I get a bit of the ginger added at the very end, rather than just using a straight simple sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment