Sunday, April 8, 2018

Sah'ti

My last sah'tea turned out pretty well; my wife liked it a lot, I thought it lacked a bit of juniper-ness.  With this brew, I added a bit of crystal rye, and went back to adding the crushed juniper berries to the second half of the boil.

Brew Day: 7 Apr 2018

Partial Mash:
8 oz Munich
5 oz rye
4 oz English crystal rye
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb Bavarian Wheat DME
4 oz table sugar
14 g Styrian Goldings Hops (@ 20 min)
14 g crushed juniper berries (@ 10 min)

Yeast: K97

I followed all of my usual processes.

Addendum, 19 Apr: Racked to secondary.

Addendum, 7 May: Bottled today; got 9 good bottles.

Addendum, 20 May: Opened one bottle tonight after chilling.  Carbonation was very light, not mature enough at this point.  Even so, Terri liked the flavor.  The beer pours with a medium brown color, with some light bubbles around the edge of the glass.  I didn't try enough of it to really get a sense of the flavor, going to let this one rest for at least another week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment