Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Abbaye

Time for another abbaye ale!  Actually, I went to my local homebrew supply store a bit ago, and they didn't have some of the yeast I was looking for in stock, so I got a sachet of BE-256, and figured I'd go ahead and put another abbaye ale in the mix.

Brew Day: 22 May 2018

Partial Mash:
12 oz Munich 1
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb Pilsen DME
8 oz table sugar

Hops: 7 g German Perle, @ 20 min

Yeast: BE-256

I followed all of my usual procedures for mashing, boiling, chilling, aerating and pitching the yeast.

Addendum, 6 Jun: Racked to secondary.

Addendum, 29 Jun: Bottled today, on 1 oz of table sugar dissolved in 1/2 c. boiling water.  Got 8 good bottles and one partial fill in a re-purposed soda bottle, which will be used for the initial tasting in about 3 wks.




No comments:

Post a Comment