Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Something New

I was doing some research recently, looking for new hops, and ran across N1/69 Experimental Hops at NorthernBrewer. The description states that the hop varietal "imparts great pineapple, citrus, and melon flavors, along with some Juicy Fruit and Kool-Aid notes".  Who can say "no" to that!?!  I ordered 2 oz for my typical hop schedule, and immediately began planning what I hope to be a very fruit-forward NE-style IPA.

Brew Day: 11 Dec 2018

Partial Mash:
8 oz 2-row
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb Pilsen DME
4 oz table sugar

Hops:
14 g N1/69 (FWH)
1 oz N1/69 (flameout)
14 g N1/69 (dry hop)

Yeast: US-05

After I pitched the yeast into the fermenter, I had a bit more hopped wort left over than I usually do, so I sanitized an Adroit Theory bomber and put about a quart of the mix into the fridge.  I'll use this for an upcoming IPA, it should make for some interesting flavors.

Addendum, 21 Dec: Dry hopped on 14 g of N1/69 hops.

Addendum, 27 Dec: Bottled tonight on 1 oz of table sugar dissolved in 1/2 c of boiling water.  Got 8 good bottles, as well as 2 8.5 oz re-purposed soda bottles, and 1 partial fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment