Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Hefe #2

With summer coming, it make sense to have another hefeweizen available. For this one, I chose WLP-300 yeast, as I was looking for something that would impart a bit of banana and clove, and this was the recommendation.

Brew Day: 28 May 2019

Partial Mash:
5 oz Munich
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb wheat DME

Hops: 14 g German Perle hops (@ 20 min)

Yeast: WLP-300

I followed all of my usual procedures.

Addendum, 10 June: Bottled today; got 7 good bottles and two 22 oz flip-top bottles.

Tasting Notes, 25 June: Opened one of the chilled 22 oz flip-top bottles tonight to share with friends.  I can best describe this as a "proper" hefeweizen.  Everything about it...the pour, the head, the effervescence and aroma, all the way through to the body, flavor and even the mouth-feel were all just right for a proper hefeweizen!  Even my wife loved it, although ( a ) she REALLY loves the ginger Belgian, and ( b ) she wanted a slice of orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment