Thursday, April 18, 2019

YAGB: Yet Another Ginger Belgian

My first ginger Belgian turned out so well that my wife demanded that I make another!

Brew Day: 18 Apr 2019

Partial Mash:
8 oz Munich
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb golden light DME
8 oz table sugar

~1 oz thinly-sliced ginger added to the last 10 min of the boil (in a hop bag)

Hops: 14 g German Perle (@ 20 min)

Yeast: BE-134

Addendum, 2 May: Transferred to secondary.

Addendum, 30 May: Bottled; got 9 good bottles and one partial re-purposed soda bottle.

Tasting Notes, 25 June: These notes aren't the result of the first taste, but more so the result of repeated statements made by my wife about how much she LOVES this beer!  I really enjoy the beer as it's clearly a Belgian and the addition of the ginger really adds a nice flavor to it.  I can really get a nice ginger "burn" at the end of the taste.  My wife, on the other hand, likens this to the sah'ti that she likes, even though this beer has no juniper.  ;-)  However, the point is that she really, REALLY enjoys this beer, and that's really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment