Monday, April 1, 2019

Azacca Pale Ale

My wife recently had an Azacca Pale Ale at Fine Creek Brewing, and she really enjoyed it.  I've used Azacca hops before, but in an IPA.  It was really good, but I don't want something as hoppy and bitter as an IPA this time around.  It turns out that NorthernBrewer has an Azacca Pale Ale kit, and I decided to use that, or at least the hop schedule, as the basis for my pale ale.

This will be the second hopped wort to be included in my next left-over IPA.

Brew Day: 1 Apr 2019

Partial Mash:
6 oz Munich
2 oz flaked wheat

Boil (20 min):
1 lb Golden Light DME
4 oz table sugar

Hops:
4 g Azacca hops @ 20 min
12 g Azacca hops @ flameout
12 g Azacca hops, dry hop

Yeast: US-05

Addendum, 16 Apr: Dry hopped.

Addendum, 20 Apr: Bottled; got 9 good bottles and 1 re-purposed 8 oz soda bottle.

Addendum, 4 June: It turned out that by the time this one was ready, I think Terri had maybe lost a bit of enthusiasm for the flavor.  She describes it as "not one of my favorites".  That's okay, I enjoy it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment